For a refreshing summer drink that celebrates the summer berry flavour of raspberries, try this fabulous recipe from The Pig Near Bath.
Make individual cocktails in highball glasses or multiply the recipe and create a large jug full of this delicious fruity iced cocktail for summer lunches or impromptu guests. You could even create your own raspberry cordial this summer and replace the grenadine with a home-grown raspberry syrup.
Redhead: raspberry and grenadine cocktail
- A handful of fresh, garden picked raspberries
- ¼ of a lime, cubed
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- Crushed ice
- 12.5ml grenadine
- Ginger beer
- Raspberries to garnish
- In the bottom of a highball glass muddle three raspberries, the lime and sugar together.
- Add crushed ice and churn the contents with a bar spoon. Top with more crushed ice.
- Pour grenadine syrup onto the ice and top with ginger beer.
- Garnish with a fresh raspberry or two and add two straws to serve
The Pig Near Bath is a mellow country house featuring a greenhouse restaurant and working kitchen garden, with rooms for overnight guests.