Ready in less than 30 min
- 500g Jersey royal potatoes*, halved or quartered if large
- 4 tbsp crème fraice
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- squeeze of lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 200g hot-smoked salmon
- ½ cucumber
- A handful of fresh dill, chopped
- Cook Jersey royals in boiling salted water for 10-12 minutes until tender. Drain and tip into a large bowl.
- Beat the crème fraîche with the extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice and dijon mustard. Season, then add to the warm potatoes.
- Flake in the salmon. Slice the cucumber in half lengthways, scrape the seeds out with a spoon, then chop into half moons.
- Gently toss the salad together, then scatter with fresh dill and serve.
*Jersey Royal is the brand name for a variety of potato grown in Jersey. Elsewhere, it can be bought as a seed potato for home growing under the name ‘International kidney’ and is available from garden centres and mail order suppliers.
Recipe thanks to our friends at delicious magazine.