This 5kg Feed, Weed & Moss Lawn Treatment from Richard Jackson offers a 3-in-1 formula that feeds your grass while killing moss and common lawn weeds, all in one easy application. Enriched with active ingredients that are selective in killing weeds and moss without damaging your grass, this special formula actively feeds your grass with fertilisers so you can achieve the lawn of your dreams.
Carefully balanced – never choose between killing pesky weeds and maintaining healthy grass again with these all-in-one granules, which strike the perfect balance between fertiliser for your lawn and selective weed and moss killer to target annoying plants like dandelions, white clover and creeping buttercup. It’s tough on the things you want to be rid of but healthy for your grass!
Easy and speedy – simply sprinkle the granules over your lawn evenly when the soil is moist and the grass is dry, and that’s it! What’s more, you should start to see results within just a few days, both in the quality of your grass and in the reduction of weeds and moss too.
Richard Jackson Lawn Feed, Weed & Moss Killer can be used with many popular spreaders. Read more about application rates and settings here.
- 1 x Feed, Weed & Moss Treatment (5kg tub)
How to use:
- Each tub treats up to 250 square metres
- Granules should be applied evenly at the rate of 20g per square metre
- A lawn spreader is recommended as the easiest and most accurate way to apply the granules over a large area of grass. View application rates for three of the most popular spreaders.
- Once moss is killed and blackened, it will need to be raked out of your grass
When and how to apply:
- For best results, I recommend applying from mid-April onwards, when the weeds are actively growing. Don’t apply during drought or freezing conditions. It can be applied anytime from then until early September, as longs as there aren’t drought or freezing conditions.
- Apply 20g per sq. m. Please take care not to over-apply, as this may cause scorching.
- For best accuracy, use a spreader, application rates for three of the most popular spreaders are here.
- Apply on a still day when the soil is moist, and the grass is dry.
- Ideally, apply at least three days after the last mowing, and then don’t mow for at least four days after application.
- Try to avoid walking on the grass until it rains, or the product has been watered in.
- If no rain falls within 2 days, water the lawn thoroughly so to activate the ingredients and allow the product to work.
What happens next:
- Your lawn should thicken and become a dark green colour.
- The moss will blacken as it dies and after 14 days, I recommend raking or scarifying to remove this dead moss. The grass will then re-establish but re-seeding with grass seed may be needed in big patches of dead moss are removed.
- Full weed control takes around 4-5 weeks. Some weeds may grow vigorously at first, then become distorted and twisted before dying back.
What weeds does it treat?
It’s effective on common lawn weeds including Dandelion, White Clover, Creeping Buttercup, Chickweed, Field Speedwell and Mouse ear
- Be careful as you apply it. Like similar products, it’s important to keep it off paving, concrete slabs and other hard material, as well as clothes, as staining and discolouration can occur. If this happens, brush it off immediately. Don’t wash it off as this can lead to staining or discolouration.
- Kids and pets can re-enter the treated area once it has been watered in.
- If you compost your grass, the first four mowing’s of treated grass must be composted for six months before using them as a mulch.
- Re-treatment may be necessary for difficult to control weeds and heavy moss infestations, or if moss or weeds returns, but wait until at least 6 weeks before re-treating.
- This has been formulated for established lawns. Please don’t apply to lawns less than 12 months old.
- If you are growing bulbs in the lawn, apply the product after the bulb leaves have died down naturally.