We all know that it’s important to eat your five a day, but what if you could grow your own five a day? There’s nothing quite like it for flavour and goodness, and you’ve grown it all yourself! Welcome to our Couch to 5 a Day Challenge which we’ve created for everyone who is keen to grow their own fruit and vegetables, but isn’t quite sure where to start. Challenge your family and your friends to discover the joys of growing their own.
You don’t need a big garden or vegetable plot, we’ve chosen top, flavour packed varieties that can easily be grown in pots on the patio or balcony. And you can start harvesting the first of your healthy, flavour packed crops just a few weeks from planting. It is easy, fun and the perfect introduction to the joys of growing your own.
What’s Included in the March Couch to Five a Day Challenge Collection
Our first Couch to 5 a Day Challenge Collection is packed with tasty fruit and vegetables for you to grow. We’ll deliver it to your door in March, so that it’ll arrive in time for Easter and it will contain the following five top varieties of fruit and vegetable plants and seeds, complete with easy-to-follow growing instructions.
The March Couch to Five a Day Challenge Collection contains:
- Charlotte Potato: 5 tubers. The UK’s most popular, award winning salad potato with a great flavour and texture. Early cropping too. Highly recommended.
- Strawberry Malling Champion: 3 plug plants. You’ll be picking beautiful deep red heart shaped strawberries with the sweetest flavour. Unlike many strawberries, which produce a single crop, this crops all summer long! Produces a great crop, this summer and next year too.
- Raspberry Autumn Treasure: one bare root plant. Outstanding, the best raspberry for pots and small gardens. Late summer cropping and mouth-watering flavour. Produces a small crop this year, bumper crops from next year on.
- Swiss Chard ‘Rhubarb’: pack of 75. Also known as leaf beet, this is one of the prettiest veg to grow. Can be grown as colourful salad leaves, cropping in just a few weeks, or as bigger plants to cook like spinach, steamed or in a stir fry.
- Blueberry Bluecrop: one 1.5 litre pot grown plant. The best blueberry to grow in pots. Fabulous flavour and health packed berries. Crops from next year (up to 3kg) and then enjoy picking them for years to come.
This Collection will be despatched between 22nd March and 29th March 2021 on a 24hr delivery service. Price of plants & bulbs includes FREE shipping.
We’ll be launching a second Couch to Five a Day Challenge Collection in May. This will contain five different crops, selected for the warmer time of year. Climbing French beans, perpetual spinach, patio tomatoes, patio peppers and strawberry plants will ensure a tasty, nutritious summer 2021.
Take up the Couch to Five a Day Challenge!
Once you get growing, we’d love to hear how you’re getting on! Share #Couchto5aDay on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook to be part of the community, where we’ll be sharing progress, tips and our favourite pictures!