- Enter into the magical and mysterious world of bees
- Meet some amazing garden bees
- Learn how to spot them and help them
- Packed full of beautiful photographs and quirky facts
- Friendly and easy to read information and advice
The Secret Lives of Garden Bees is an interesting, friendly and easily accessible book about garden bumblebees and solitary bees, as well as honey bees. It takes you into their magical and mysterious world, revealing intriguing secrets and information in an accessible style. Written by award-winning bee expert Jean Vernon, The Secret Lives of Garden Bees is full of fabulous images, quirky facts and tips and advice about your favourite garden pollinators. From the wool carder bee that shaves the fluff from the leaves of the lamb’s ears plant to line its nest, to the amazing bees that use discarded snail shells to lay their eggs, this book will open your eyes to the huge diversity of bees in your garden. If you want to learn more about garden bees, the best plants to grow for them and how to support them, then this is the book for you.