Around six months ago, Michelle, a fabulous lady who used to work with us at RJG, realised her toddler, Jake, could recognise and talk about animals like lions and elephants but he knew very little about our wonderful native animals and birds. She discussed this with her friend Amanda, a very talented artist and illustrator, and together they decided to create these cards to teach and inspire children about the nature that surrounds them. When she showed us the cards, we loved them so much that we asked if we could include them on our website.
- Each set contains 10 cards, featuring charming hand-painted watercolour illustrations together with some fascinating facts to interest and stimulate children.
- The cards are A6 size (10cm x 15cm) and have gently rounded corners. They are uncoated with a lovely textured feel.
- Printed on 100% recycled card made in the UK, each set is packed in a keepsake box which is also made in the UK from 100% recycled card.
- There are three different sets to choose from: Mammals, Minibeasts and Birds.
- Suitable for children age 3-6.
Each set is a gem and highly recommended:
- The Mammals pack contains charming pictures and facts about the Badger, Rabbit, Hedgehog, Grey Squirrel, Muntjac Deer, Pipistrelle Bat, Fox, Wood Mouse, Mole and Shrew.
- The Minibeasts pack (available here) contains lovely pictures and facts about the Ladybird, Snail, Spider, Bumble-bee, Shield bug, Butterfly, Woodlouse, Earthworm, Ant and Caterpillar.
- The Birds pack (available here) contains beautiful pictures and facts about the Great tit, Wren, Blackbird, Blue tit, Wood pigeon, Goldfinch, Sparrow, Chaffinch, Starling and Robin.