Moss can be a real problem in so many lawns, especially after a wet autumn or winter. My new natural Moss Remover is a natural, plant-based lawn food that gently feeds the lawn for up to 12 weeks, while naturally removing any unsightly moss.
Why Richard Jackson Moss Remover is Different:
Most gardeners use chemical based moss killers to get rid of moss on their lawns, but these turn the dying moss black (so it looks horrible), and they can also scorch the lawn and stain the patio. Then you have to rake out the dying moss, which is often hard, back-breaking work. My new natural Moss Remover is a much better alternative.
- It’s natural, high in potash, and will gently feed the lawn for up to 12 weeks
- As the grass grows, the potash in the feed ‘over feeds’ the moss, which then gradually (after 20 days or so) dies back naturally, you’ll see it slowly turning brown
- The granules also contain naturally occurring ‘friendly‘ bacteria that then start to ‘eat’ the dying moss which gradually disappears as your grass grows
- There’s no need to rake out the dying moss, nature does the work for you
- It’s child, pet and wildlife friendly
- The special formula also includes humates to help improve the root zone of the grass
- No scorch (if applied according to the instructions) and it doesn’t stain patios
My new natural Moss Remover is now even better than my previous formula. It now contains more moss beating potash and even more (13 species) of the natural occurring ‘friendly’ bacteria to remove the dying moss.
How to Use:
For best results, use during the spring (when temperatures are above 10°C) to remove moss and again in the autumn to help prevent moss developing during the autumn.
If the lawn contains a lot of moss, it can take a while for the grass to fill the patches. It’s quicker, and very easy, to re-seed the patches using my Triple Use Grass Seed. Then, for the very best results, feed with Lawn Magic during the summer (see pics below).
One 5kg bag of my Moss Remover can treat up to 100sqm of lawn (applying 50g per sqm). If the lawn has a lot of moss, apply 100g per sqm, so it will treat 50sqm in total.