Frequently asked questions
How Root Booster helps your plants
All you have to do is add Root Booster when planting up and then it works in the soil or compost all season long. You water and feed your plants as usual while Root Booster works its magic within the compost or soil. The very special formulation helps:
- Lock in nutrients when you feed your plants so they don’t wash out (technically it’s called leaching out) as easily. That means extra nutrients are available to your plants.
- Build a stronger root system, so your plants can grow better.
- Develop a healthier, more disease and weather resistant plant.
What’s in Root Booster?
Root Booster contains three special ingredients:
- Humates: to boost root growth and to help fertilizers work more effectively.
- Seaweed extract: a natural bio-stimulant that also conserves moisture in the compost, which means you shouldn’t have to water quite as often.
- Special plant food: to gently boost plant growth in the first few weeks after potting on.
Does it work?
The proof is in the results. See the results here! Two pansy plants in 9cm pots (both watered and fed normally). The pot on the left doesn’t have Root Booster added to the compost, but the pot on the right does. Just look at the difference that Root Booster has made.
I also grew some Geranium Black Velvet in 20cm/8in pots in a sunny position on my patio. This particular geranium develops handsome zones in the middle of its leaves when it is in peak condition. The plant on the left has Root Booster added to the compost, the plant on the right hasn’t. Again, the plant with Root Booster is so much healthier (what’s more, it produced around 50% more flowers during the season).
How do I use it?
Root Booster is easy to use. Simply add the pelleted granules to potting compost or the soil at planting up time. One application lasts all season. The granules do change colour from brown to milky white as they absorb moisture from the air. This is the activated stage, it’s the colour it turns once in the soil or compost, but if it occurs in the pack, don’t worry, your Root Booster is still fine to use.
How far does it go?
The 750g pack will treat up to 10 containers.
Where can I buy Root Booster?
Root Booster is only available from QVC. Click here to buy it through their website.