If you look at the weedkiller section in a Garden Centre, you’ll be amazed by the range on offer. Some contain glyphosate (a controversial chemical banned by some retailers), others are only effective on the leaves but not the roots (so aren’t that effective on the tougher perennial weeds like ground elder) while some weedkillers can take weeks to work. This is different. It’s glyphosate free, works on annual and perennial weeds, and it works really fast. It’s the way forward in better weedkilling!
- Extra fast acting. Some weedkillers can take weeks to work. You can see this working in hours! On hot sunny days, results can be seen within 2 hours (see video clip below), on cooler, cloudier days, it still works within 24 hours.
- 100% glyphosate free. Reassuringly, this is based on a naturally occurring ingredient found in geranium leaves and is totally bio-degradable.
- Treats a wide range of weeds including ground elder, bindweed, dandelions, nettles and couch grass. It’s also very effective on moss, weeds and grass growing in paving. It’s not recommended for control of Ivy and Japanese Knot weed, or for treating weeds in lawns (use a lawn weedkiller like Vitax LawnClear for these).
- Pets and kids, can re-enter the treated area once it has dried.
- Foe best results: Spray on a dry day, on dry leaves, and don’t spray if it’s likely to rain within 4 hours otherwise the weedkiller won’t be fully absorbed. And try to spray all of the leaves to make sure as much weedkiller as possible is absorbed.
- 1 litre Ready to use spray treats up to 10sq metres of weeds.
- 510ml concentrate treats up to 30sq metres of weeds (available here).