Phlox ‘Jewel Mixed’ is a breakthrough in plant breeding. The mix includes flowers in three shades of pink and a fabulous creamy white in a blend of beautiful rosebud effect double and semi double blooms.
It’s a stunning mix, boasting guaranteed outdoor vigour for the longest flowering period possible, with the first flowers opening in May and more and more forming on each and every plant right up to the first heavy autumn frosts.
These punchy, compact plants grow to around 25cm (10in) tall and are just perfect for planting at the front of a cottage border, or for filling your pots, containers and baskets with colour all season. Why not plant them into a window box outside your home to brighten up the scene from indoors and out?
Phlox ‘Jewel Mixed’ is a real show off plant in a pretty mix of shades of red, peach, pink and cream. But unlike some phlox varieties these plants really hold the flowers above the foliage so that you get the full effect of their colour and beauty from every angle and they keep on flowering all summer long.
- Plug plants offer the gardener fantastic value and are easy to grow.
- Pot up your phlox plants on arrival and grow them on in frost-free conditions until they are large enough to plant outdoors.
- When they are well grown and all risk of frost has passed, harden them off by acclimatising them to the outdoor temperatures for 7 to 10 days by before transplanting into their final positions.
- Phlox ‘Jewel Mixed’ will grow well in any fertile, moist, well-drained soil in full sun or semi-shade.
- Prepare your containers and baskets before planting. Use Richard Jackson’s Premium Multi Purpose Compost for the best possible results. It enhances drainage and root development and is enriched with Flower Power nutrients; extra wetting agent, Root Booster humates and seaweed extract to give your plants a great start to the season.
- Feed regularly throughout the growing season with Flower Power to get the very best from your plants and masses more flowers.
- Feed and water regularly, particularly during dry periods, until young phlox plants are fully established.
- After flowering, lightly shear the stems to remove the dead flowers and to encourage lots of fresh new growth.
Buy plug plants of Phlox ‘Jewel Mixed’ from QVC now.
This is a guest post from the folks at Thompson & Morgan