Hands-on time: 25-30 min
- 350g Italian cheese sauce, or similar
- 500g Italian gnocchi, or similar
- 60g parma ham slices, or similar
- 200g spinach
- 200g broccoli florets
- 30g parmesan
- Put the spinach in a colander in the sink, then pour over boiling water from the kettle. Run cold water over to cool, then squeeze out the excess water.
- Heat the cheese sauce in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Heat the grill to medium. Cook the broccoli in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes, then add the gnocchi and cook for another 3 minutes. Drain, return the gnocchi and broccoli to the pan, then stir in the cheese sauce and the spinach. Tear the parma ham into pieces and stir into the sauce.
- Pour into a 1 litre ovenproof dish, then grate over the parmesan. Cook under the grill for 5-10 minutes until golden and bubbling, then serve with a salad of dressed green leaves, if you like.
Tip: This dish works well with other sauces as well as cheese. Try a tomato and mascarpone one instead.
Recipe thanks to our friends at delicious magazine.